Actively participate in troubleshooting issues, resolving problems, and updating insurance software application and table information to meet statutory or company requirements. Perform a variety of quality assurance support functions related to the data entry, statistical review and reporting, paperwork review, and maintenance of insurance policies. Provide support for business and IT staff, as well as assist business units in implementing solutions aimed at increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of their workflows and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create test plans/scenarios and test new versions, full system releases, miscellaneous fixes, and updates for insurance software applications. Analyze testing discrepancies to determine the cause as well as the corrective action needed and follow through on the solution. Creatively use available tools to facilitate testing efficiencies.
- Assist in the setup, configuration, testing, problem solving, documentation and general maintenance of the software applications as needed for quality assurance and integration testing.
- Assist with troubleshooting ad-hoc production system issues as needed. Receive, review and test a variety of problems encountered by the users while using their software applications, referring unusual or difficult problems to the appropriate resource with required documentation.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the core software applications in use by the company, the corresponding workflows as well as the company’s business plans/goals, products, operating policies and procedures.
- Utilize issue tracking software to submit, update and monitor problem requests.
- Perform periodic statistical reviews and submit appropriate reports to external vendors.
- Review internal project documentation and identify discrepancies or changes needed, if any.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute vendor and independent company forms.
- Development and on-going maintenance of company documentation regarding policies and procedures for testing and supporting the insurance software applications.
- Review a variety of computer-generated reports, research questionable information, and distribute as appropriate to in-house staff or agents.
- Participate in the development of new software products or product enhancements.
- Ability to multi task and creatively use available tools to facilitate testing efficiencies.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant trends and technical developments in the field.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Moderate supervision is received from the IT Quality Assurance Manager or applicable Department Manager/Director. Supervision may also be received from Project Managers and/or other senior staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other appropriate discipline, plus 1 - 3 years relevant experience; or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in the P&C insurance industry a plus.
- Experience with document imaging programs desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong math and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and work multiple project assignments at a time.
- Strong administrative, clerical and general office skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with other company personnel as well as outside vendors and consultants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.
If you have any questions, please call 800-451-5000