Vermont Mutual Insurance Group® has been named a finalist for the prestigious Deane C. Davis Award for 2017. Each year Vermont Business Magazine and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce selects three finalists for the Deane C Davis Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year Award (DCD Award). The finalists for 2017 are: City Market of Burlington, VT, Kalow Technologies, LLC and Vermont Mutual Insurance Group.
The award, first created in 1990, is designed to honor a Vermont Business that has demonstrated an outstanding history of sustained growth, dedication to their employees, communities, and to the state of Vermont itself. Criteria for this award include:
• Growth in sales and employment.
• Commitment of company resources for participation in community projects.
• Encouragement of employees to be involved in community events.
• Recognition of the importance of the environment to the state as a natural and economic resource.
• Addressing employee concerns/needs to create a positive work environment for all employees.
Dan Bridge, Vermont Mutual’s President and CEO, stated “We are honored to be named a Deane C Davis finalist and are proud to be included alongside such notable and appreciated companies as City Market and Kalow Technologies.” Bridge continued “Deane Davis created a rich history and a legacy of growth, sustainability and stewardship much appreciated by our fellow Vermonters. It is these values that are reflected in the way Vermont Mutual has conducted business for 190 years.”
The award will be presented during opening ceremonies at the Vermont Chamber of Business Expo on Thursday, May 24, 2018.