Responsible for the implementation, support, and maintenance of technical application products and tools that drive business processes and functions of the company. Works closely with Business Analyst(s) and business units in implementing solutions aimed at increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of business workflows, procedures, and business outcomes. Troubleshoot and resolve issues of varying complexity, and maintain software application to meet statutory or company requirements. Analyze application and process issues and requests and translate these findings into functional or technical requirements for the corresponding application(s).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the setup, configuration, unit testing, problem solving, business analysis, documentation and general maintenance of software applications. Analyze testing discrepancies to determine the cause as well as the corrective action needed and follow through on the solution. Creatively use available tools to facilitate business efficiencies.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the core software applications in use by the company, the corresponding workflows as well as the company’s business plans/goals, products, operating policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts to research and analyze the business requirements and determine solutions for how the application is to be configured. Requires a good working knowledge of the overall purpose of a particular function and its daily operations.
- Collaborate with the application vendor to develop an in-depth, expert knowledge of the application and its configurability.
- Develop area(s) of expertise on business discipline and technology tool(s) used at VMG to support business applications.
- Ability to use IT tools and applications which allow IT to implement procedures and business rules, system integrations, and data integrations.
- Work with agencies, vendors, analysts and 3rd party vendors to solution business and IT needs and requests.
- Confer regularly with other Information Technology staff as well as other company managers and staff to plan coordinate and evaluate projects/systems/activities, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance.
- Utilize issue tracking software to submit, update and monitor problem requests.
- May create high level data maps to define relationships between VMG applications and systems as well as VMG environments to 3rd party and agency systems.
- Participate in the System Development Life Cycle from planning to post verification.
- May act as Technical Lead of IT tools and applications projects that do not require programming resources.
- Develop scripts, queries, and translate data mapping requirements to support application tools.
- Development and on-going maintenance of company documentation regarding policies and procedures for supporting the insurance software applications. Update reference manuals as new materials are received and make required distributions.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant trends and technological developments in the field.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
General supervision is received from a Project Manager. Supervision may also be received from other senior IT staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other appropriate discipline, plus 2 - 4 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry, and 5+ years of relevant data processing, systems analysis/design experience, project management, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and work on multiple project assignments while under pressure.
- Solid understanding of XML, ACORD, and ISO disciplines.
- Excellent math, research skills and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Visio, and custom communications management (CCM) technology.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new products and tools.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively liaison between IT and the business.
- Experience working directly with business and IT on business automation. Create artifacts including functional requirements, workflow diagrams, technical specifications, and data mapping.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of other company personnel, including Senior Management, as well as outside vendors and consultants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.