To administer and provide central accountability for all Infrastructure server services which include those activities associated with the project design, engineering, expansion and technical support of existing and future Windows and Linux-based physical and virtual system configurations and supporting systems Software (e.g., operating systems, utilities, databases, and middleware) necessary to deliver the required services (e.g. hosting, web, messaging, remote access, security administration) to support Vermont Mutual’s business applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in network topology, infrastructure, and operating systems to include Windows, Linux, VMware, SAN, Backup, DR/BC, Exchange, Avaya Telephony/Unified Communication.
- Set up, install, and manage network links, hardware, peripheral components, software, and updates. Maintain the active directory environment including DHCP, GPO, DNS, and certificate management. Maintain network documentation on hardware/software. Provide primary support for servers identified by the Network Manager, or Senior Server Administrator. Provide secondary support for all other LAN and WAN servers as needed.
- Monitor network servers for growth and usage trends. Perform long-term capacity planning in conjunction with other Network team members that would determine both hardware and software purchases.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, SAN systems, DFS, other systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Recommend, install, test, and manage existing and new servers and software including such systems as messaging, file servers, and database, among others in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide technical assistance related to daily and assigned use; Assist users and desktop support staff in identifying source of, and correcting errors.
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems; recommend or perform remedial action.
- Perform, oversee, monitor and ensure data security including; regular backups, recovery, verification of security rights and other steps necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate with IT Security Manager and other IT staff as necessary to implement, update and test ongoing security improvements including regular and timely operating system patches, security patches and other application updates as necessary to all LAN hardware infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other Network staff to create, test, and keep up to date disaster recovery procedures for all services deemed necessary.
- Set up, install, test, and administer network printing functions.
- Collaborate with AS/400 Operations to ensure system integration and reliability.
- Assist the Network Manager in project definition, requirements documentation, and technical writing to support information systems business growth.
- Monitor and enforce license agreements using appropriate tools relative to hardware and software resources.
- Participate in off-hour support rotation as it relates to the Network and Server environment.
- Monitor and create regular management reports that track usage, performance, capacity, growth trends, etc., as it relates to the company hardware/software.
- Collaborate with Network staff to, install, configure, and generally ensure the tight integration of web services network links, hardware and peripheral components into the company LAN.
- Keep current with new software and hardware technologies being deployed at the company.
- Train selected staff for coverage during absentee periods. (i.e. vacation, seminars)
- Deal regularly with outside computer vendors; perform a variety of liaison functions between company users and outside consultants/vendors.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
General supervision is received from the Network Manager, Director of IT Infrastructure, Senior Server Administrators, or other senior staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, plus five to seven years of relevant network experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in network topology, infrastructure, and operating systems.
- Preferred skills in:
- Microsoft server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL
- Red Hat Enterprise
- Avaya Communication Manager 6.3 with Call Center Elite
- VMware ESXi and Horizon View
- Strong analytical and problem‑solving skills.
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a wide variety of company personnel, including senior management, as well as outside vendors and consultants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- Off hour and weekend work will be required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.