To perform a variety of clerical, technical and specialized accounting tasks associated with the processing of insurance policy payments, disbursements, account reconciliation and answering telephone calls related to billing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform various clerical accounting tasks associated with a primary accounting function, requiring mastery of a number of technical policies and procedures related to that function.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone by responding to a wide range of inquiries from agents, insureds and mortgage companies.
- Open, sort, and screen incoming mail. Apply payments to policies, including unapplied cash received with new applications, ACH, credit card and sweep payments.
- Prepare a daily banking deposit.
- Prepare disbursement of payments for return premiums.
- Review and process customer banking information for automatic payments to company.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks, including transferring money, processing stop payments, check returns, write-offs and non-sufficient funds.
- Prepare and use system generated reports.
- Prepare reports, letters and accounting forms using Word, Document Manager and Excel
- Process financial data in accounting software.
- Organize and file information as needed.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Moderate supervision is received from the Direct Bill Manager
- Associates Degree plus one or more years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are required.
- Basic bookkeeping and/or accounting knowledge and skills including completed courses desirable.
- Strong math skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Prior telephone customer service experience preferred.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems and various software.
- Good typing/data entry and other general clerical skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a variety of company personnel, agents, insureds and others outside of the company.
- Excellent with PC applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominantly sedentary office position in a professional setting with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work and phone use.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.