To ensure the stability and integrity of the company’s IT infrastructure by participating in the planning, design, and development of the on-premise, virtual and cloud server systems, to have primary administrative responsibility over specified systems; provide escalation (tier three) support for IT infrastructure systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, lead and implement major project initiatives including projects which involve the introduction of new technologies and processes.
- Design, configure and administer systems to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes on a day-to-day basis.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other IT staff members.
- Monitor servers for growth and usage trends. Perform long-term capacity planning in conjunction with other server team members that would determine both hardware and software purchases.
- Assist the Network Manager in project definition, requirements documentation and technical writing to support information systems business growth.
- Recommend, install, test and manage existing and new servers and software including such systems as messaging, file servers and database, among others.
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems; recommend or perform remedial action.
- Perform, oversee, monitor and ensure data security including; regular backups, recovery, verification of security rights and other steps necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Assist and oversee daily operations of the system administration staff, when the Network Manager is unavailable.
- Provide tier three support for all servers as needed.
- Collaborate with Security Department to monitor, perform, oversee and test regular and timely operating system patches, security patches and other patches/updates as necessary. Develop procedures as necessary to support these changes on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with other IT staff to create, test, and keep up-to-date disaster recovery procedures for all services deemed necessary.
- Monitor and enforce license agreements using appropriate tools relative to hardware and software resources.
- Provide off-hour support as needed to minimize disruptive maintenance.
- Communicate directly with system vendors; perform a variety of liaison functions between company users and outside consultants/vendors.
Moderate supervision is received from a Commercial Lines Manager.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or other appropriate discipline plus 3 or more years of industry experience including at least 2 years of commercial lines experience with an insurance Company or agency, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are required
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills. Good writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Imaging systems, Reference Connect and AS400 preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to represent the company and deal courteously and effectively with agents, as well as company personnel and others outside the company, in carrying out the varied liaison and account servicing functions of the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.