Experienced property and casualty insurance professional to independently as well as collaboratively, perform a broad range of marketing and training duties in support of the entire Marketing Department and our Independent Agency Partners. This highly visible position requires the highest degree of integrity and discretion along with the technical abilities associated with Marketing, Underwriting, Claims and Information Systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe the highest level of confidentiality, discretion and security of all information.
- High level of enthusiasm, work ethic, creativity and strategic thinking ability.
- Coordinate, oversee and execute Personal Lines Council activities.
- Coordinate and conduct Commercial Lines Boot Camp events.
- Oversee, develop and host Webinar Wednesday materials and presenters.
- Organize and oversee Continuing Education Events to ensure a positive and productive experience for agents.
- Assist in Book Transfer process to ensure they are executed as planned.
- Support Marketing Advertising and Sponsorship requests.
- Oversee and purchase branded Marketing materials in support of company outings.
- Manage Independent Agent events including: golf outings, Big I, and miscellaneous dinners.
- Coordinate materials and details for Marketing Meetings.
- Support remote marketing staff as needed.
- Research market conditions and opportunities in support of gaining a deep understanding of our competitive position within our markets.
- Organize “pricing” information from marketing representatives prior to pricing meetings.
- Coordinate marketing messaging and content changes on Customer Portal to ensure information is timely and up to date.
- Develop and manage Marketing content on Company Website.
- Develop and deliver “On Boarding” procedures for new agents to ensure a positive experience.
- Create, assist, and deliver Marketing presentations in support of department initiatives.
- Prepare data and materials for discussion to resolve claims and underwriting issues.
- Gather data and provide input for new product developments.
- Coordinate and communicate with employees and agents on all product launches.
- Work with Agency Partners to coordinate and support IT initiatives.
- Edit and disseminate marketing announcements to Agency Partners.
- Manage the Marketing Calendar.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
General direction is received from the Vice President of Marketing
- Bachelors' degree in business, marketing, or other appropriate discipline, plus 3+ years of relevant property and casualty insurance, marketing and communication experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired will be considered.
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to property and casualty insurance, marketing and communications with in‑depth experience with Independent Agents.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and problem‑solving skills. Relevant experience in product development and pricing a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of company managers, supervisors and employees.
- Working knowledge of Vermont Mutual departments, products and systems is preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain high standards of discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a variety of company personnel, agents and individuals calling or visiting the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Flexibility to attend off-site work functions on an occasional basis. (at least once a month)
- Ability to attend occasional evening and overnight company functions. (a minimum of 3-5 nights a year)
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.