To perform a variety of routine clerical tasks pertaining to filing, mail, printing, and supplies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieve, open, and distribute incoming mail for Montpelier and Berlin locations.
- Pick up and deliver interoffice mail according to preset schedule for Montpelier and Berlin locations.
- Pick up, sort and process outgoing mail according to preset procedures.
- Maintain offsite media storage for the Network and Operations areas.
- Operate various types of mail/file equipment necessary to complete task assignments.
- Assemble policy packages produced through nightly cycles.
- Verify that output was received and taken care on a daily basis.
- Maintain various lists, logs and/or reports on assembling, mailing, etc.
- Perform basic computer data entry functions.
- Coordinate and process incoming and outgoing UPS (or other carrier) mail.
- Keep various records in regards to postage costs, outsourcing totals, and the like.
- Keep abreast of USPS changes, report in writing on how changes will affect Vermont Mutual Insurance Group.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Back up printer operations as needed.
- Back up front office reception duties, as needed.
- Understand and keep abreast of all processes and procedures associated with the printers.
Moderate supervision is received from the Policy Services Manager, or other senior staff.
- High school education, plus some relevant office experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good basic reading, spelling, and filing skills; typing/data entry skills.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed instructions/procedures.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to effectively use PC Applications such as Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with other company staff, and visitors.
- Physical ability to lift and carry moderately heavy stacks of files, documents or supplies.
- Physical ability to operate mail machines and printers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Repetitive motions preparing mail; Lifting, bending, stooping, standing, lifting, carrying, reaching, twisting, driving.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.