Vermont Mutual is offering five paid internship positions for the summer of 2017. The internship will span 10 weeks beginning June 5th and ending August 11, 2017. Interns will be selected for the following departments: Underwriting, Information Technology, and Claims. Interns will spend the 10 week program in their department, but will have the opportunity to job shadow and network with other areas of the company. Interns will work on meaningful projects that will build their resume and assist their teams. At the end of the summer, they will present their projects and experiences to their team leader and Vermont Mutual’s senior leadership team. Interns will also complete various trainings, including Insurance Essentials and Presentation Skills.
If interested, please apply by March 31, 2017.
- Matriculated junior or senior seeking Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Computer Science, Math, or other related field
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, communicate effectively
- Organized, attention to detail, knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Access to transportation to and from our office in Montpelier, VT or Berlin, VT
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.
If you have any questions, please call 800-451-5000