Script applications for deployment, deploy anti-virus products and security patches and submit and monitor deployment jobs. Maintain and monitor infrastructure. Interact with development groups to ensure smooth deployments and interact with vendors to escalate and resolve issues. Provide secondary support for desktop issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the research, recommendation, and purchase request process for all Desktop resources.
- Develop and maintain processes to streamline the deployment of systems, applications, and updates.
- Physically configure and deploy desktops and related resources.
- Process resources to be permanently removed from Vermont Mutual Group asset inventory.
- Maintain active inventory of non-deployed resources.
- Follow inventory tracking guidelines for all desktop related Vermont Mutual Group assets.
- Work with Network staff to improve desktop control and support using Active Directory.
- Accurate and timely entry of problems, resolutions, (including date/time), etc. in support of maintaining our on-line Help Desk system.
- Display a positive attitude and foster a strong sense of partnership between IT and the Vermont Mutual Insurance Group end user community.
- Troubleshoot PC and peripheral hardware and desktop application software.
- Troubleshoot data communications problems from personal computers to hosts on the network.
- Provide technical assistance to end users related to daily and assigned use; assist users in identifying source of errors; recommend and perform remedial action.
- Assist Desktop Support Team in use of Network Tools to provide desktop / helpdesk support.
- Assist with maintenance of technical and procedural documentation on desktop hardware, software, etc.
- Work with outside vendors regarding service calls for software, failed equipment and maintenance.
- Provide backup and support for all Help Desk and Desktop support functions.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
General supervision is received from the Operations Manager, or other senior staff member.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science plus three to five years of relevant computer experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer hardware and software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of help desk and desktop troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to identify potential network issues based on symptoms visible at the desktop level.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal effectively/courteously with a wide variety of company users who have varying levels of computer understanding and experience, as well as outside vendors and consultants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- Lifting, bending, reaching, crawling, carrying, twisting, etc.
- Off hour and weekend work may be required.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.
If you have any questions, please call 800-451-5000