Administration of learning and development programs. Design, develop, coordinate and evaluate organizational learning & development programs, tools and processes to improve and enhance organizational performance and achieve strategic goals and objectives. Implement and oversee training and development programs that increase efficiency, strengthen employee knowledge and skills and improve leadership. Work with management to identify training & development opportunities.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, schedule, create, communicate, execute and assess training & development activities for all departments within the Company that increase efficiency, strengthen employee’s knowledge and skills and improve leadership.
- In collaboration with executives, management and staff, assess, design and develop training curriculum and leader and participant materials, tools & resources for multiple areas of learning and development to include: new employee orientation, professional and skill development, supervisory training and leadership development. Develop content and deliver training on selected human resource or supervisory topics.
- Conduct, facilitate and/or coordinate learning & development training classes and workshops.
- Select or develop training aids such as course materials, training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and reference documents and manuals. Select, recommend and coordinate outside vendors to complete required trainings. Administer communications, scheduling, ordering of supplies, assembly of program materials, room set-up, vendor logistics, etc.
- Conduct organization wide needs assessments to identify skill and knowledge gaps that need to be enhanced or addressed.
- Coordinate and oversee the performance management process and the ADP Talent module; Work with managers, supervisors and employees to create professional development plans and career-pathing.
- Provide coaching, facilitation, team/staff development, systems analysis, process reengineering and organizational development in consultation with executive leaders and senior management to implement organizational improvement initiatives and assure alignment with the organizations strategic plans and succession plan.
- Maintain electronic employee training records in ADP Talent.
- Oversee the Vermont Mutual Test Center.
- Maintain a database of training vendors and resources.
- Design and implement methods to collect data related to learning & development programs; analyze data and metrics from various sources such as employee assessments, attendance records, and participant feedback; prepare training reports.
- Work with management and employees to help adjust to new procedures and IT systems during times of organizational change.
- Assist in developing the annual training & development budget.
- Continuously review training and development opportunities to ensure effectiveness. Research best practices and industry benchmarks for effective and innovative training methods; make recommendations.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
General supervision is received from the Vice President of Human resources and Human Resources Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Development, Education, Training or other appropriate discipline plus 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience, with some industry experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- General knowledge of the property/casualty insurance industry is desirable.
- Experience developing and delivering training.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively provide coaching & constructive feedback.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, procedural manuals and insurance instructional material.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver professional reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments and competing deadlines.
- Partnering and negotiation skills for working with internal & external business partners (vendors on purchasing products/programs, arranging guest presenters, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Experience working with computerized information systems, including imaging.
- Good administrative and supervisory skills, with some previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills, work/interact courteously and objectively with a wide variety of company personnel/personalities, as well as outside vendors/contacts; Ability to effectively represent the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.
If you have any questions, please call 800-451-5000